The summer season may be over, but this fall is Bomber Barn’s time to shine! The Battle mode is officially in public alpha — you can play the latest update right now (download links below).
We’ve done a lot of work on it these past three months, and it’s time to look at where we are:
- The game has developed its aesthetic — from the grass to the flames
- The core gameplay has been dialed in — battles are a bit more fast-paced
- We added bots — finally!
- Items spawn in a more logical way — simple probability, right?
- Now you can win by scoring the most kills — so you’re a killer!
- “Quick play” — jump right into a match using one of our rule presets
- Controller setup screen — sometimes Player 3 just has to use the keyboard
In addition to lots of bug fixes, we’re pretty proud of this progress so far.
Once again, the current version of the Battle mode is now publicly available! We’re trying to figure out the best way to post updated builds in the future (either itch.io or Game Jolt come to mind), but for now, here are the downloads for version 0.2.1:
As usual, please let us know what you think! What do you like and dislike? Did you encounter any bugs? What would you like to see added to the Battle mode? Tweet at us @lateleafgames, email us, hit our contact form, or just leave a comment below.
But before you go, there’s just one more thing…
We’re officially going to be exhibiting at Gameacon in Atlantic City, NJ the weekend of October 20-21! Please come check us out if you’re in the greater New York City area. We’ll have some juicy updates about the event in the next few weeks leading up to it.
To wrap up, it really feels great to have the heart of the game up and running. Now we can shift our focus to the fun stuff like adding content: game modes, environments, map elements, balancing the characters, etc.
Make sure you download the alpha using the links above, and grab a friend or three. Keep the feedback coming!